Saturday, December 19, 2009

Blackra1n

Yesterday, after some serious study, I started to listen to music with my ipod touch as usual.. Out of nowhere while listening to the music I tap on the Cydia icon and the only thing happen is nothing. (my ipod touch just make dono). I tapped several times more but still with the same result. I tried a solution on youtbe but doesn't seems to work. My cydia crashed!!!

Without Cydia, a jailbroken ipod touch/iphone is nothing compared to the not yet-jailbroken devices out there. So I searched back the OS 3.1.2 firmware that I downloaded months ago in my flash drive and start restoring my ipod touch.

The only difference in this Jailbreaking process is it is really one-click process, no more DFU mode(hold both button for 20 sec then release 1 button then releaese the other one). entering DFU mode proved to be a tricky task for first timer, they usually didn't get the timing and confused wether they have entered the DFU mode and the most annoying thing happen is when they post threads on multiple forum with some sorts of standard whining title PLEEASE..PROBLEM!!. Thanks to Blackra1n

Steps:
1. Download the OS/firmware or whatever you want to called it. .ipsw
http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
then the jailbreak software (both mac and windows are supported)
http://blackra1n.com/

2.Restore wtih the OS/firmware.. go to itunes>click on your ipod/iphone>on the 1st tab click restore+shift so that it will prompt you where is the location of the .ipsw file. let itunes restore it

3.After itunes finished.close itunes and run Blackra1n.exe it will do the rest for you..

4.after the ipod/iphone rebooted blackra1n icon should appear.
5. tap on the Blackra1n icon and select cydia or both Cydia and Rock to be installed...then you can choose to uninstall the blackrain or just leave it there. I choose to leave it there. no big deal.

p/s: i'm not very sure about the baseband, so for iphone owner please do some research before performing these steps or you will probably loose the unlock
  • rss
  • Del.icio.us
  • Digg
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Share this on Technorati
  • Post this to Myspace
  • Share this on Blinklist
  • Submit this to DesignFloat

0 comments:

Post a Comment